Mayfair Civic Association Meeting
Monday, March 15, 2021 • 7:00 PM • Virtual Zoom Meeting
Mayfair Civic Association is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Mayfair Civic Association's General Meeting
Time: Mar 15, 2021 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 823 4044 0836
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,82340440836#,,,,*236501# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,82340440836#,,,,*236501# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 204 272 7920 Canada
+1 438 809 7799 Canada
+1 587 328 1099 Canada
+1 647 374 4685 Canada
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
+1 778 907 2071 Canada
Meeting ID: 823 4044 0836
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/keE7xVja7M
Please mute all cellphones and computer microphones until you are called upon
Use the chat box to be recognized and to ask questions
· Pledge of Allegiance
· Officers Present
President/Zoning Chair: Michael J. Serverson
Vice President: Kevin Leonard
Treasurer/Membership Chair: Christina Loughrin
Sgt.-at-Arms: Joe Valecce
Mayfair Business Assoc.: Lisa Greco
Mayfair Memorial Playground Co. Chairs: Dana Lambie, Mia Hylan, & Melinda Mulvenna
Announcements and Updates
· Treasurers Report: Christina Loughrin
· American Flag Project: Please donate on our website to make a donation via Paypal to keep the flags flying in 2021!
· Mayfair Business Improvement District and MCDC Updates: Donny Smith
Please “LIKE” Mayfair Business Improvement District and Mayfair Community Development Corporation on Facebook for daily updates.
• $10 per year • $40 for 5 years • $100 Lifetime
Applications available at the rear or online at MayfairCivicAssociation.com
(Must reside within Civic boundaries)
Please renew now for 2021!
· Update on the Grade School Project on the Lincoln Campus – Mike Serverson
· 2021 Real Estate Tax Bill – Vicki Riley, Public Information Officer – Philadelphia Dept. of Revenue
Zoning in Mayfair
Applicants were instructed to provide the Mayfair Civic Association with a Certificate of Mailing via U.S. Mail to residents and businesses within 250 feet of the property, and properties located on the same block as the project (as per Philadelphia Planning Commission) prior to our meeting.
Applicants were also asked to bring the same exact presentation to our meeting as what will be presented during the Philadelphia Zoning Board of Adjustment hearing including photographs, descriptions, and drawings.
CASE HEARING FORMAT
All cases will be heard in thirty (30) minute sessions. The Applicant will have ten (10) minutes of uninterrupted time for their presentation. There will be up to twenty (20) minutes for Questions/Answers (Q/A) from the members and directly impacted neighbors as needed. At the conclusion of the Q&A, the vote will be taken (in-person) or via email by 11:00 PM to allow for potential computer issues.
1. 3101 Cottman Avenue • Commercial
Applicant: Steven Chen
Legal Representation: Joseph J. Console, Esquire – Console Mattison, LLP.
ZBA Hearing Date: 11/18/20 • Time 9:30 AM • Zoning Board of Adjustment (See website for Virtual Meeting)
Application for: FOR USE AS BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL OFFICE (REAL ESTATE OFFICE) ON THE FIRST FLOOR AND TWO (2) DWELLING UNITS ABOVE ON THE SECOND THRU THIRD FLOORS, IN AN EXISTING STRUCTURE.
Votes will be taken immediately following the meeting and will be tallied at 11:00PM
MCA Members may submit their votes via email to MayfairCivicAssociation@yahoo.com.
Current Members of the Mayfair Civic Association or Neighbors within 250 Feet of Location have the following three (3) voting options
1. Opposed - The Mayfair Civic Association will send a letter to the Philadelphia Zoning Board of Adjustment recommending that the applicant be DENIED from getting zoning approval.
2. Not Opposed with Provisos – The Mayfair Civic Association will send a letter to the Philadelphia Zoning Board of Adjustment recommending that the applicant be GRANTED zoning approval WITH PROVISOS (detailed below)
3. Not Opposed – The Mayfair Civic Association will send a letter to the Philadelphia Zoning Board of Adjustment recommending that the applicant be GRANTED zoning approval WITHOUT PROVISOS (detailed below)
Business / Commercial
1. The outside of your establishment must be kept clean, maintained, graffiti free, and clean at all times
2. Signage to be kept to a minimum
· No nailing of banners to the walls
· No excessive signage in the windows (all windows should be transparent)
· Grand Opening signs, flags, garland, streamers etc. to be removed within 30 days of store opening
3. Add and maintain an outdoor trashcan
4. Participation in the Safe Cam Program
5. Snow removal to be done within 6 hours of the storm, and during business hours
6. Contact information (Name - Phone Number - Email) to be provided to the Mayfair Civic Association for the tenant, as well as the property owner / landlord, and property manager.
the MCA and Mayfair Business Association that you are seeking new hires and
hire within the community, if possible.
2. Snow removal to be done within 6 hours of the storm.
3. Contact information (Name - Phone Number - Email) to be provided to the Mayfair Civic Association for the owner, as well as property manager
· Wrap Up : If anyone would like to get more involved with the Civic, we could use volunteers! Please introduce yourself after the meeting or via email (MayfairCivicAssociation@yahoo.com)
· Facebook : "LIKE" Mayfair Civic Association on Facebook to stay current on all things happening in Mayfair!
- Friends of Pennypack Park Update: Nance Kerns – “LIKE” Friends of Pennypack Park on Facebook for updates.
- Mayfair Memorial Playground Update: “LIKE” Mayfair Memorial Playground on Facebook for updates.
- PDAC Update: Joe Valecce (President) - “LIKE” 15th_PDAC on Facebook for updates.
· Next General Meeting : Our next regularly Civic Meeting will be held on Monday, May17, 2021 at 7:00 PM. Check Civic Facebook page and or Civic Website for notices of possible Special Zoning Meetings before then.
· Next Zoning Meeting: A special zoning meeting will be held on Monday, April 19, 2021. More information to follow.
Mayfair Tee Shirts
Available at Bellalisa Hair Studio • 3530 Cottman Ave. 19149
$12 each or 2 tees for $20
Two Different Styles - LIMITED SIZES AVAILABLE