Mayfair Civic Association Meeting
Monday September 21st, 2020 • 7pm
MCA Meeting being held virtually via Zoom
Meeting ID: 893 2926 2218
To join via Telephone
Meeting ID: 893 2926 2218#
Password: 181394 #
President: Donny Smith
Vice President: Kevin Leonard
Secretary / Zoning Chair: Michael Serverson
Treasurer / Membership Chair: Christina Loughrin
Sgt. at Arms:
Mayfair Business Assoc.: Lisa Greco
Mayfair Memorial Playground Co. Chairs: Dana Lambie, Mia Hylan, &
Announcements and Updates
· Treasurers Report: Christina Loughrin
· American Flag Project: Scheduled to come down after Veterans Day (11/11/20) Please visit our website to make a donation via Paypal to keep the flags flying!
• $10 per year • $40 for 5 years • $100 Lifetime
Applications available at the rear or online at MayfairCivicAssociation.com
(Must reside within Civic boundaries)
· Mayfair Memorial Playground Update: See the flyer below for information about the up and coming Fundraiser Raffle
“LIKE” Mayfair Memorial Playground on Facebook for updates.
· Changing of the Guards: Announcement
· Mayfair Business Improvement District: Donny Smith
“LIKE” Mayfair Business Improvement District & Mayfair Community Development Corporation on Facebook for daily updates.
1. School District of Philadelphia / Gilbane: View the latest video update of the new K-8 School located behind Lincoln H.S.
Zoning in Mayfair
Applicants were instructed to provide the Mayfair Civic Association with a Certificate of Mailing via U.S. Mail to residents and businesses within 250 feet of the property, and properties located on the same block as the project (as per Philadelphia Planning Commission) prior to our meeting.
Applicants were also asked to bring the same exact presentation to our meeting as what will be presented during the Philadelphia Zoning Board of Adjustment hearing including photographs, descriptions, and drawings.
Applicants will be called in the order that they were received.
1. 7424 Revere St. • Residential
Applicant : ZONG ZHENG
Application # : ZP-2020-002598
Appeal # : ZP-2020-002598
Meeting ID: MI-2020-001196
ZBA Hearing Date : 11/04/20 • Time 9:30AM • ZBA Meetings are now held virtually. Please visit https://www.phila.gov/media/
Application for: FOR THE ERECTION OF A DETACHED CARPORT FOR TWO (2) PARKING SPACES ACCESSORY TO THE EXISTING SINGLE-FAMILY HOUSEHOLD LIVING (SIZE AND LOCATION AS SHOWN ON PLANS)
2. 3101 Cottman Ave. • Commercial
Applicant : STEVEN CHEN
Application # : ZP-2020-002042
Appeal # : ZP-2020-002042
Meeting ID: MI-2020-001317
ZBA Hearing Date : 11/18/20 • Time 9:30AM • ZBA Meetings are now held virtually. Please visit https://www.phila.gov/media/
Application for: FOR USE AS A BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL OFFICE (REAL ESTATE OFFICE) ON THE FIRST FLOOR AND TWO DWELLING UNITS ABOVE ON THE SECOND THRU THIRD FLOORS.
MCA Members may submit their votes via email to MayfairCivicAssociation@yahoo.
Current Members of the Mayfair Civic Association have the following three (3) voting options
1. Opposed - The Mayfair Civic Association will send a letter to the Philadelphia Zoning Board of Adjustment recommending that the applicant be DENIED from getting zoning approval
2. Not Opposed with Provisos – The Mayfair Civic Association will send a letter to the Philadelphia Zoning Board of Adjustment recommending that the applicant be GRANTED zoning approval WITH PROVISOS (detailed below)
3. Not Opposed – The Mayfair Civic Association will send a letter to the Philadelphia Zoning Board of Adjustment recommending that the applicant be GRANTED zoning approval WITHOUT PROVISOS (detailed below)
Business / Commercial Provisos
1. Add here
· Wrap Up : If anyone would like to get more involved with the Civic, we could use volunteers! Please introduce yourself after the meeting or via email (MayfairCivicAssociation@
· Facebook : "LIKE" Mayfair Civic Association on Facebook to stay current on all things happening in Mayfair!.
- PDAC: “LIKE” 15th_PDAC on Facebook for updates.
· Next Meeting : Special Zoning Meeting scheduled for Monday October 19th, 2020 at 7pm to discuss 7356 Frankford Avenue.
· Our next regularly scheduled Civic Meeting will be held on Monday November 16th, 2020 at 7pm.
Mayfair Tee Shirts
Available at Bellalisa Hair Studio • 3530 Cottman Ave. 19149
$12 each or 2 tees for $20
Two Different Styles - LIMITED SIZES AVAILABLE