Thursday, August 16, 2018
This is a Community Meeting being held at Lincoln H.S. where you will have the opportunity to learn firsthand about the future plans for a NEW Austin Meehan Middle School, and the Lincoln H.S. property.
When: Tuesday August 28th, 2018
Where: Lincoln H.S. 3201 Ryan Ave
Time: 6pm to 7:30pm
All are encouraged to attend.
Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Mayfair Civic Association Meeting
- Mayfair Community Center
- Mayfair Community Center
As a sign of respect to your neighbors, we kindly ask you to please refrain from conversing among yourselves during our meeting. If you feel as though you need to hold a private conversation, please step into the lobby area before doing so.
- Pledge of Allegiance - (Please silence all cell phones)
- Officers Present
President: Donny Smith
Vice President: Kevin Leonard
Secretary / Zoning Chair: Michael Serverson
Treasurer / Membership Chair: Jim Ortlieb
Sgt. at Arms / Clean Up Chair: Pat Callahan
Asst. Sgt. at Arms: Joe Conboy
Asst. Zoning Chair: Dan Collins
Mayfair Business Assoc.: Lisa Greco
Mayfair Memorial Playground Co. Chairs: Dana Lambie, Mia Hylan, &
Announcements and Updates
· Treasurers Report: Jim Ortlieb
· American Flag Project : Jim Ortlieb – They’re UP, however some of our 100+ American flags along Rowland avenue will need to be retired, and will need to be replaced.
Please donate here (see Jim), or visit our website to make a donation via Paypal. Thank you!
· Membership: Jim Ortlieb
• $10 per year • $40 for 5 years • $100 Lifetime
Applications available at the rear or online at MayfairCivicAssociation.com
(Must reside within Civic boundaries)
Please renew now for 2018!
· Mayfair Business Improvement District Update: Marc Collazzo
“LIKE” Mayfair Business Improvement District on Facebook for daily updates from Marc including everything that’s happening on, and around Frankford avenue!
· Mayfair Memorial Playground Update: “LIKE” Mayfair Memorial Playground on Facebook for updates. Volunteers are needed for Opening / Closing the Playground. Send a message on Facebook if you are interested in helping out.
· Friends of Pennypack Park Update: Nance Kerns – “LIKE” Friends of Pennypack Park on Facebook for updates.
· PDAC Update: Joe Valecci (President) - “LIKE” 15th_PDAC on Facebook for updates. PDAC Bike Ride with officers on Saturday June 16th at Frankford Hospital (Bridge st)
· Pennypack Music Festival: “LIKE” Pennypack Music Festival on Facebook for updates. Our first show is Wednesday May 30th at 6:30pm featuring Philadelphia’s School of Rock and Steal Your Face, a tribute to the Grateful Dead. Shows run nights until Labor Day.
Printable schedule of all shows available on www.Pennypack.org
· Mayfair Tee Shirts : Small to XL are $12 each / 2 for $20 • 2X tees are $15 each / 2 for $25
Any combo that includes a 2X tee is 2 for $25 (example: 1 small + 1 2X)
1. PGW Energy Sense: Karine Shamlian – To discuss PGW’s Energy Sense program
Zoning in Mayfair
(called in the order that they were received)
1. 6410-42 Frankford Ave. - Commercial
Applicant : Alyson Fritzges
Application # : 845144
Appeal # : 33414
ZBA Hearing Date : • • Zoning Board of Adjustment 1515 Arch st, 18thfloor
Application for: PERMIT FOR THE ERECTION OF TWO(2) FLATWALL SIGNS ( SIGN S1 AND SIGN S2), FOR THE FACE CHANGE OF EXISTING D/F FREE-STANDING SIGN FOR A VEHICLE EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES SALES AND RENTAL ON SPACE # 6 ON THE SAME LOT WITH ALL OTHER USES INCLUDING WITH PARKING SPACES AND THE SIGNAGE AS PREVIOUSLY APPROVED. SIZE AND LOCATION AS SHOWN IN THE APPLICATION
Current Members of the Mayfair Civic Association have the following three (3) voting options
1. Opposed - The Mayfair Civic Association will send a letter to the Philadelphia Zoning Board of Adjustment recommending that the applicant be DENIED from getting zoning approval
2. Not Opposed with Provisos – The Mayfair Civic Association will send a letter to the Philadelphia Zoning Board of Adjustment recommending that the applicant be GRANTEDzoning approval WITH PROVISOS (detailed below)
3. Not Opposed – The Mayfair Civic Association will send a letter to the Philadelphia Zoning Board of Adjustment recommending that the applicant be GRANTED zoning approval WITHOUT PROVISOS (detailed below)
Business / Commercial Provisos
1. The outside of your establishment must be kept clean, maintained, graffiti free, and swept at all times
2. Signage to be kept to a minimum
- No nailing of banners to the walls
- No excessive signage in the windows (all windows should be easily seen through at all times)
- Grand Opening signs, flags, garland, streamers etc to be removed of store opening
3. Add and maintain an outdoor trashcan
4. Participation in the Safe Cam Program
5. Snow removal to be done of the storm, and during business hours
6. Contact information (Name - Phone Number - Email) to be provided to the Mayfair Civic Association for the tenant, as well as the property owner / landlord, and property manager
7. Notify the MCA and Mayfair Business Association that you are seeking new hires and hire within the community if possible
· Wrap Up : If anyone would like to get more involved with the Civic, we could use volunteers! Please introduce yourself after the meeting or via email (MayfairCivicAssociation@
· Facebook : "LIKE" Mayfair Civic Association on Facebook to stay current on all things happening in Mayfair!
· Next Meeting : We do not meet during the summer months, so our next regularly Civic Meeting will be held on Monday September 17th 2018 at 7pm. Check Civic Facebook page and or Civic Website for notices of possible Special Zoning Meetings
Please fold your chairs and place them along the wall before you leave
Sunday, April 22, 2018
Check em out - Hot off the presses - The 2018 Mayfair Civic Association's Fundraising Tee Shirt Sale!
Soft 100% Cotton Tees available in sizes Small - 3X (limited qtys)
Small - XL Tees are $12 each, or 2 for $20
2X + 3X Tees are $15 each, or 2 for $25
Any combo that includes a 2X or 3X tee = 2 for $25
(Example: Small + 2X = $25)
Tees will be available at all Mayfair Civic Association Meetings, and several events in Mayfair.
Tees will also available Tues - Fri between at:
Bellalisa Hair Studio
CASH ONLY, and exact change is appreciated!
Get em while they're hot because once they're gone - They're GONE!
Thank You for your Support!
Saturday, April 14, 2018
2018 Mayfair Fallen Heroes Run
Register at the Link Above
Online registration guarantees T-Shirt!
Saturday May 19, 2018 at Rowland Ave at Vista St.
Preregistration 7:30AM; Race Start 8:30
If you prefer paper registration (T-shirt not guaranteed):
Sponsor the Run ($100 or $300)
*$100 T-Shirt - $300 A-Frame Ad & T-Shirt
Tuesday, April 03, 2018
The following Zoning matter will be discussed and voted on at a Special Zoning Meeting
Where: Mayfair Community Center (2990 St. Vincent St. Phila., PA 19149)
6410-42 FRANKFORD AVE (Mayfair Shopping Center)
Appeal # 33182
ADDRESS : 6410-42 FRANKFORD AVE
PERMIT APPLICATION # 855433
PERMIT FOR THE APPLICATION IS FOR THE COMBINING OF TWO TENANT SPACES (SPACE 1 & 2) TO CREATE ONE TENANT SPACE FOR USE AS A GROUP MEDICAL, DENTAL AND HEALTH PRACTITIONERS OFFICE AS PART OF AN EXISTING SHOPPING CENTER.
PRIMARY APPLICANT: SHAWN WARD, ESQ.
ZONING BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT