Wednesday, December 21, 2016
Wednesday, December 14, 2016
- The Ashburner Inn
- Aztec Signs
- Bellalisa Hair Studio
- The Grey Lodge Pub
- Cottman Beverages
- Deer Meadows Home Health Care
- The Inkwell 215 Custom Tattoo Studio
- Infinity Jewelers
- The Perzel Insurance Agency
- Sharon Owens State Farm
- Torresdale Flowers
Thursday, December 08, 2016
Just like last year, we have over 100 entries so far, and just like last year, the competition is fierce!
I drove around last night to check out some of the entries and as expected, last years winners have stepped up their game, and now that we have added a separate Row Home category, several row homes have stepped it up as well!
The deadline to enter the Contest is 12:00 noon on Wednesday December 14th. You can nominate your home or a neighbors home or business on the Mayfair Civic Association Facebook page, or send an email to MayfairCivicAssociation@yahoo.com
Starting on the 14th and throughout the week, keeping with the "12 Days of Christmas" theme, 12 Judges will cruise around Mayfair and give each home a score from 1-12 with 12 being the best.
The Top 10 will be announced on December 20th, and the WINNERS will be announced and prizes will be delivered on the 21st
Keep the entries coming Mayfair - Have FUN!
Monday, November 28, 2016
- Starting on Thanksgiving Day, you can nominate your home, or a neighbor's home that you feel best captures the Spirit of Christmas.
- Nominations can be submitted via Facebook on the Mayfair Civic Association Facebook page, or you can email the nomination to MayfairCivicAssociation@yahoo.com
- Nominations will be added to our "2016 Mayfair Christmas Decoration Contest Google Map" so that everyone can grab the kids and some hot chocolate and take a tour of Mayfair to see the beautiful entries for themselves. The Map will be posted shortly after the entries begin to come in, and it will updated daily on Facebook as well as the MayfairCivicAssociation.com website.
- As a courtesy to our surrounding neighbors who live outside of the Mayfair Civic Association boarders and are ineligible to win the contest, we will be more than happy to include your home on the Contest Map so that visitors to Mayfair can stop by and enjoy your decorations as well.
- In keeping with the Twelve Days of Christmas theme, each entry will be scored by our Judges on a 1-12 scale with a 1 being the equivalent of a window cling, and a 12 being the equivalent of a Clark Griswold full blown Christmas extravaganza!
- Dress up the outside of your home with all things Christmas, and throughout the week of December 14th - 20th, our Judges will be cruising around looking for the Best Decorated homes and businesses in Mayfair!
- On Wednesday December 21st, our Contest winners will be announced, and prizes generously donated by our Mayfair Business Association Members will be delivered that evening to the 6 homes and 3 businesses in Mayfair that best capture the Spirit of Christmas!
Mayfair Civic Association
"Mayfair - An Awesome Place to Live!"
Wednesday, September 28, 2016
To Whom it May Concern,
It's the 5th Birthday Celebration for the Mayfair Memorial Playground (next to Lincoln High School) and we are throwing a HUGE party; Our 5th Annual Halloween Birthday Spooktacular Fundraiser on Saturday, October 29, 2016 (rain date October 30th) from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sponsors must arrive by 10 a.m.! This year it will be a Trunk-or-Treat event. Sponsors will wear costumes, decorate their car trunks and give out candy to the children.
The Halloween Spooktacular is not just a birthday celebration; it's also one of our major fundraisers. We are a volunteer organization who relies entirely on generous donations. We pride ourselves on trying to be as self-sufficient as possible and continue to raise money to add additional equipment and maintain our playground. We have more projects in the works, which is why we are looking for sponsors to participate in our Trunk-or-Treat event. You can participate as a sponsor for $50 and you can pass out information about your business or organization to our parents, as long as you provide candy for the children who attend and "Trunk-or-Treat.” You must bring your car decorated for Halloween, candy and supplies. In the past, we typically draw in about 500 -700 people. You are free to provide any kind of approved handouts, political materials, organizational or promotional information and provide candy for our participants. This is a great way to get the word out about your organization, business, or cause and we would be honored to host you.
There is a deadline of Friday, October 21, 2016 for sponsorship. Please return the attached application and your minimum payment of $50 per space.
If payment is not received by October 21, 2016, your new payment will be $75.00. Please make checks payable to "Mayfair Memorial Playground Friends" and send them to:
Mayfair Memorial Playground Friends
c/o Dana Lambie
8000 Rowland Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19136
Please let us know if you have any questions regarding this matter.
Mayfair Memorial Playground Friends
Please fill out this page and send in with your payment! Don’t forget to make a copy for your records.
Yes! I would love to be a sponsor at the Mayfair Memorial Playground 5th Annual Halloween Trunk-or-Treat Spooktacular Fundraiser!
What is a Trunk-or-Treat????
It is a fun event, where you wear costumes and decorate your car trunk and fill it with candy.
The children can go car-to-car to get treats.
I understand that I can pass out approved promotional materials, business cards and information, but I MUST PROVIDE CANDY for approximately 500 - 700 children for the Trunk-or-Treat portion of the event and be set up by 10 a.m. I understand my payment must be received by 10/21/16, otherwise the price will go up to $75. No one will be allowed to set up without payment made!
Name of Organization/Business/Candidate: _________________________________________
Contact Person: ________________________________________________________________
Phone Number: ________________________________________________________________
Type of Promotional Material (Circle all that apply)
Business cardsBusiness fliersPromotional MaterialsMagnetsStickersPolitical Materials/Candidate Information
Other (please specify):_______________________
Please make a copy of this form to keep for your records. We are a non-profit and tax exempt organization, our EIN is 47-2441391.
Thank You for your donation and we look forward to seeing you on October 29, 2016, with your car (trunk), supplies and treats for the kids. You must be set up and ready to go one hour before the event begins; 10:00 a.m.
Instructions for our Sponsors:
Thank you so much for agreeing to host a Trunk-or-Treat at our 5th Annual Mayfair Memorial Playground Spooktacular Fundraiser! Like our Easter Egg Hunt, this will be a great neighborhood event and we are so grateful for your support. All proceeds raised via the sponsorship and during this great family event will go towards our ongoing efforts to maintain the playground and for our last pieces of equipment to be installed in the very near future.
This year we are changing the event from a Trick or Treat to a Trunk-or-Treat. Instead of worrying about tables, sponsors will use their back of their cars to give out treats. Simply decide on a theme for your trunk, decorate it, wear a costume to go with it and give out treats to the kids and approved information to the parents. Below is some information for the day of the Spooktacular that hopefully will answer any questions you may have.
Rules for participation:
General Information - Saturday, October 29, 2016 (rain date Oct. 30th)
Time: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. We ask that all sponsors please arrive, at the latest, by 10 a.m. to give yourselves adequate time to be placed and to set up. Spots will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis.
Location: Mayfair Memorial Playground (next to Lincoln High School) Intersection of Ryan Ave and Vista Street.
Set-up area: In the parking lot directly adjacent to the playground and next to the pool.
Additional Parking: Mainly street parking. Lincoln High School does have a lot, but if there is an event happening at the school, it may be full.
Contact information for the day of the event:
Dana Lambie 215-779-1693
Mia Hylan 215-888-1243
Melinda Mulvenna 215-964-3635