Wednesday, October 01, 2014
Halloween Decorating Contest
Welcome to the 2nd Annual "Mayfair Halloween Decoration Contest"!!
Working in conjunction with the Mayfair Business Association, we are going to be giving away prizes, and the coveted "2014 Mayfair Halloween Decoration Contest Winner" lawn signs to the 3 best decorated houses in Mayfair!
This contest is open to all current, and hopefully future Mayfair Civic Association members
How it works
- On October 1st, you can nominate your home, or a neighbor's home that you feel best captures the spirit of Halloween
- Nominations can be submitted via Facebook on the Mayfair Civic Association page, or you can email the nomination to MayfairCivicAssociation@yahoo.com
- Once the nominations start rolling in, we will create a Google Map so that everyone can take a tour of Mayfair, and see the eerie entries for themselves!
- Scare up the outside of your house with all things Halloween, and throughout the week of October 20th - 26th, our judges will be cruising around looking for the three scariest / spookiest / best decorated houses in Mayfair!
- On October 30th, our contest winners will be announced, and prizes will be derived that evening
Goblins and witches and ghosts - Oh my!
1. All entries must reside within the Mayfair Civic Association boundaries (found here http://www.mayfaircivicassociation.com/p/our-boundaries.html)
2. All addresses and displays must be clearly visible form the street! If your address isn't easily visible from the street, you may be overlooked!
3. All nominations must include a house number, and a street name
4. All entries must leave their decorations lit until at least 11PM
5. The DEADLINE to submit a nomination for the contest is October 19th at 11:59PM
You've got 3 weeks Mayfair ... Lets see just how ghoulish and creative you can be!
This contest is a team effort, and without the efforts of the Mayfair Civic Association, the Mayfair Business Association, and our neighbors in Mayfair who go all out during Halloween, it would not be possible. PROPS to you all! Together we can ensure that Mayfair continues to be a great place to visit, and an awesome place to live!
To join the Mayfair Civic Association, please visit http://www.mayfaircivicassociation.com/p/membership.html
To join the Mayfair Business Association, please visit http://mayfairbiz.blogspot.com/