Friday, May 09, 2014
ZONING DECISION - 3300 Ryan Ave
Via Email May 8, 2014
Ms. Julia Chapman
Zoning Board of Adjustment
Municipal Services Building
1401 John F. Kennedy Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Re: RCO Meeting Summary
Appeal No. 22407
Permit #515758 for Use Variance
3300 Ryan Ave
Wednesday April 16, 2014 5PM
Dear Ms. Chapman:
Please accept this letter on behalf of the Mayfair Civic Association (“MCA”) which represents the neighbors of the Mayfair Community as their Registered Community Organization (RCO). A meeting was held, in which another RCO, the 64th Ward Republican Committee attended, at the Mayfair Community Center, 2990 St. Vincent St on Tuesday May 6, 2014 at 7PM. This case was previously “Heard and Held” pending the outcome of our RCO Meeting. Eight members attended this public meeting and Five voted to NOT OPPOSE WITH THE FOLLOWING PROVISOS (one voted to oppose):
1. Join and maintain Membership with the Mayfair Business Association,
2. The outside of your establishment must be kept clean, maintained, graffiti free, and swept at all times,
3. Signage to be kept to a minimum – No nailing of banners to the walls, or excess signs in the windows, All windows should be easily seen through,
4. Add and maintain an outdoor trashcan,
5. Snow removal to be done within 6 hours of the storm, and during business hours,
6. Contact information (Name - Phone Number - Email) to be provided to the Mayfair Civic Association for the tenant, as well as the property owner / landlord, and property manager,
7. Notify the MCA and Mayfair Business Association that you are seeking new hires and hire within the community if possible.
8. That such variance is limited only to Orthodontics in Space A and should owner choose to try to change to another use (medical or something else) they must reapply for a variance and come before the RCO again.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at the number below.
Very Truly Yours,
Joseph J. DeFelice, Esq.
Legal Counsel (215) 292-3926
cc: Lisa Deeley, Councilman Bobby Henon
Mike Scotese, Mayfair Business Association
Donny Smith, Mayfair Civic Association
Shawn Ward, Attorney for Applicant
Philadelphia City Planning Commission