1. To be judged in the contest, you must live within the boundaries of the Mayfair Civic Association
2. Your home must be nominated either by yourself or by a neighbor
3. The nominations are open from December 1st until 11:59pm on December 15th.
4. Your decorations must be visible from the street and lit until at least 11:00pm
How it works:
- Beginning today, you may either nominate your own home, or you can nominate a neighbors home which you feel best captures the spirit of the Christmas Season at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shortly after we begin to receive nominations, we will create a Google Map so that people living in Mayfair as well as people visiting Mayfair can drive around and check out each entry on their own.
(As a courtesy to our neighbors living in surrounding neighborhoods, even though they will not be eligible to win the contest, we will be more than happy to include their homes on our map as well - The more the Merrier!)
- From December 16th to December 21st, 12 judges will score each entry on a scale of 1-12, with a 1 being the equivalent of a window cling, and a 12 being a full blown Christmas Extravaganza!
- Here in Mayfair we don't do "1st, 2nd, 3rd", we simply award the Top 3 equally.
- On Sunday, December 22nd, the winner will be announced, and at some point that evening members from the Mayfair Civic Association and Mayfair Business Association will come to each winners home to award them with their custom lawn sign indicating that they are indeed "2013 Mayfair Christmas Decoration Contest Winners", and other prizes donated by members of the Mayfair Business Association.
It's simple to do, it's fun to do, and it is another great even happening right here in Mayfair!
This contest is a team effort, and without the work of the Mayfair Civic Association, the Mayfair Business Association, and our neighbors living right here in Mayfair who go all out during the Christmas season, none of this would not be possible. PROPS to you all! Together we can ensure that Mayfair continues to be a great place to visit, and an awesome place to live!