It has come to our attention that the ruling on the 'Stay' has been bumped up, and TODAY (Oct 29th) is the day that it will be heard!
Chain of events so far:
1. The Healing Way acquired a lease from Dennis Kulp to rent the property located at Frankford and Decatur to be used as a Methadone Clinic, however they needed zoning approval prior to opening
2. Outraged, approximately 800+ neighbors banded together and voiced their opposition to several local politicians at a meeting held at Lincoln high School
3. Neighbors then raised money to hire attorneys to fight the opening of the clinic - several took the day off from work to go to the zoning meeting to voice their opposition - and won!
4. The Healing Way appealed that decision - and won their appeal
5. The neighborhood filed for an appeal to that decision, and also filed for a Stay in order to stop The Healing Way from opening before their appeal could be heard.
6. The Healing Way asked for the Stay to be heard so that they could begin the opening process - TODAY is that day
7. The neighborhood still has an appeal hearing coming up and if won, the Healing Way would again be shut down
The Mayfair Civic Association fully intends to continue fighting this fight, and we are already in the process of discussing another much needed fundraiser. We completely understand that several of you have already donated to fight this ongoing battle, however we feel that until we have exhausted every avenue and option, we MUST continue to fight!
If you would like to donate right now, please visit MayfairCivicAssociation.com and click the 'Donate' button. You can also send your donation directly to the attorney marked 'Attention Methadone Clinic' to: Obermayer, Rebmann, Maxwell and Hippel, One Penn Center, 19th Floor, 1617 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Philadelphia, PA 19103-1895
Mayfair Civic AssociationPresidenthttp://www.