MAYFAIR CIVIC ASSOCIATION
3122 Windish Street
Philadelphia, PA 19152
July 8, 2010
Forbidden Beauty Day Spa
NW Corner of Frankford and Tudor St Rear
Philadelphia, PA 19136
Re: Provisos for your business
To Ms. Rodriguez:
Please accept this letter as a follow up to our previous discussion regarding your business. Recently you were able to receive your permits from the City “Over the Counter”, i.e. without going for a variance before the Zoning Board of Adjustment. I hope that your ability to do this does not cloud the agreements that were made at our meeting of May 24, 2010. We realize that your type of business specializes in services i.e. facials, body wraps, etc. We also realize that a sizable portion of your business comes from the sale of beauty products. As you may or may not know, the sale of beauty products along Frankford Ave is prohibited without a zoning variance. Nevertheless, let this letter serve as the Approval letter on behalf of the Mayfair Business Association (“MBA”) and Mayfair Civic Association (“MCA”) should you abide by the provisos contained herein.
- Change the name of your business. Forbidden invites a negative response.
o This has been done. New Name "Solutions 2 Skincare"
- Set certain business hours.
- Beautify the exterior of the building with plants, shrubbery, etc,
- Join the Mayfair Business Association.
- Do not engage in any unethical practices.
- Get involved and contribute to the Community at large.
- No excessive signage, ie limit to name and type of business
Feel free to contact me with any questions that you may have.
Joseph J. DeFelice, Esq.
Mayfair Civic Association
Cc: Mike Scotese, Mayfair Business Association
Linda Lawrence, Councilwoman Krajewski