Monday, June 21, 2010
Meeting Minutes from the First Paddy Whacks Meeting
Courtesy of Suzanne St. Marie, Secretary/Treasurer of the Mayfair Civic Association.
CIVIC ASSOCIATION MEETING 6/14/10
Attendees: Joe Defelice Pres., Mike Williams Vice Pres., Suzann St. Marie Treas.,
Lisa Greco Treas. Mayfair Business Association. Linda Lawrence from Council Women
Joan Krajewskiʼs office.
Paddy Whacks proposed site 6810 Frankford Ave.
In Attendance for:
Casey Jones Owner
Matt Jones Owner
Donald Jones Owner
40+ residents in attendance
• Restaurant style facility compared to Tonys and Chickie and Pete “not a beer and
shot place” . Still a bar nonetheless.
• Two stories with 2nd floor as a small banquet facility.
• Max total occupants 100
• Six pack sales as a convenience to patrons No forties, quarts, or malts to be sold.
• Take out food permit obtained however only 1% of estimated business.
• Decretive fence separating business and residential view
• Trash removal limit time 8 am - 11 am
• 2 parking spots for deliveries
• 2 spots handicap Rear
• 2 spots trash behind decretive fence
• Operating hours 11 am - 2 am
• Frankford ave entrance with Grand opening doors with steps leading up.
• Ventilation for food on south side of building
• Jan.1st 2011 proposed opening
• Signage over grand entrance and possible on side
• Smoking only on Frankford avenue side none on back or sides of building.
• 3 other locations
• 2nd/South streets
• Staff majority is local mayfair residents
Petitions turned in from neighbors that are opposed to the business, roughly every home on the 3300 block of Glenview appeared to sign.
Concerns currently: trash, weeds, glass, broken railing, and underage drinking behind
• Drunk drivers
• Potential underage drinking
• Public urinating
• One way street traffic on Glenview
• Beer trucks unloading in back
• Extra traffic in alley where children play,
• Noise from patrons leaving and live entertainment
• Playing host to bachelor parties, St. Patrickʼs day shuttles etc.
• Hours of operation
• Deteriorating quality of life for the neighbors
• People will have to sell their homes
Proposed possibilities that were suggested by Paddy Whacks:
Trash pick up and deliveries from front of the building only.
Meeting ended 8:25 pm